When your friends share glossy photos of themselves smiling on their wedding day, you don't see all the hours of work that went into them.
A photographer has to pick the right gear, find the right location, and make sure the lighting is just right.
And if they can't, it's their job to fix everything by spending hours using editing software.
Gilmar Silva is a photographer from Brazil - and a damn good one.
He's mastered the art of making something out of nothing, either using hilarious low-tech tricks or awesome Photoshop skills to get an incredible shot.
We're not trying to expose him, because Silva shares his own behind-the-scenes pictures in a series he calls Lugar X Photo (Place vs. Picture).
1. This little light of mine
2. Take a look in this book
3. Hey, you're blocking traffic!
4. Feeling blue?
5. Great photo, rain or shine
6. Need a hand?
7. See things from a new perspective
8. Talk about natural lighting
9. See where his editing skills come in handy?
10. Just add a splash of creativity
11. Location, location, location
12. Ready for a change of season?
13. Not so romantic up close
14. I think it's about to start raining...
15. I spy...
16. Very clever
17. A little sunshine works wonders
18. Great angle, great timing
19. Private pond
21. Small puddle, big change
22. No matter how many times you see it, it's impressive
23. Any location can catch Silva's eye
24. The couple flipped the water with their own hands, while a hiding assistant provided the splash
25. A low-tech trick
26. Not so glamorous in real life
27. Leaf it to Silva, he always gets his shot
28. I'm speechless
29. Okay, we get it, you're a wizard