Owning a cat is pretty great, because they're cute and fairly low maintenance. But as with any pet, there are some struggles. The thing with cats, though, is that those struggles are extremely specific to them.
Cat owners go through a set of struggles only other cat owners will sympathize with.
1. You only get space in the bed if they decide it is acceptable...so, never.
2. You can't walk 15 feet without stepping on a cat toy that hasn't been played with for eight years.
3. Oh, you want to go up the stairs? Too bad. It's my territory and I refuse to move. Try touching me, I dare you.
4. This is my cat sitting next to me while I pee, because she apparently can't be alone for 30 seconds.
5. Typing? Typing is for suckers. Your arms are for me to lie in, that's it.
6. A beach vacation? You have all the sand you need right here.
7. Unlike with dogs, you can't just "put things out of reach." No, no. Anything high up makes the game more fun.
8. At this point, every cat owner is just a moving cat tree. There is no safe space.
9. Your face isn't safe, either, from the inevitable butt greeting.
10. If only they were as scared of the counter tops as they are the vacuum.
11. Having hobbies isn't totally an option when it comes to cat ownership. I mean, you can try...but they'll all end like this.
12. Sleep all day, party all night!
13. ISN'T YELLING FUN? I KNOW THERE'S NOTHING THERE, BUT I WANT TO YELL!!
14. An exposed tummy: 50% chance it's for belly rubs, 50% chance it's a trap.
15. First rule of being a cat: hate whatever your human gives you, then demand that same thing at full volume at 3 a.m.
16. Every piece of furniture you buy may as well already be ruined, because it definitely will be in about three week's time.
17. But overall, owning a cat is great, because you get to see this face every morning.